Graphic Designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- 5+ years experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
Preferred Behavioral Skills
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of WordPress and content management systems a plus
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software